Blog Archive

Friday, October 19, 2012

The One With Chucky

Hey everyone!

Well, if you don't already know from my constant Facebook posts, we got our puppy :) His name is Harlo and he is a German Shepherd mix, (mixed with what...? I don't know. Something with fuzzy ears!) He is the sweetest and smartest dog I think I have ever met. Sometimes even too smart. He is just a baby at 3 months old and he is very curious. He likes to do his own thing and explore the house and backyard but, he also loves to cuddle!

I found him on Monday (Oct. 15) and picked him up the very next day. And yes, Eric knows! Kinda.. Eric and I have been wanting to get a dog for a while and no matter how hard we tried to get one, they were always gone before we got there! We had our eye on one that was to be adopted the day after Eric left for the field for two weeks but, again, he was adopted first thing that morning! Frustrated, I started to look again for when Eric got back. He called me over the weekend (Oct. 13) to see if we got the dog. He was very bummed when he heard. Then, he told me to find a new one and get it. I asked him, "well dont you want to help me pick him out?" And all he said was, "No. I trust you." And let me tell you, I did good!

Harlo was the last one left of his litter at the Humane Society in Elizabethtown. His name at the shelter was Chucky and his brother, Cujo, was adopted the day before so he was now alone in his pen and really needed a friend. Now, I am a HUGE sap. Especially when it comes to animals! And I always have the hardest time at shelters when all I want to do is adopt them all.. So, when they told me that he was in the very last pen on the left side, I knew to walk down the hall and only look straight ahead and not at the other dogs for my own safety. I got to his pen and with one look at him, I knew that's our dog. He was laying in the corner, against the door with his nose resting and sticking out through the chain link and when he saw me coming he sat right up and put one paw up on the gate. I think he knew too ;)

It took me about 30 seconds to decide that I wanted to take him home. I told him I will be right back and walked back to the counter (again not letting my eyes wander) and adopted him :) An employee brought him out for me in his arms after I finished the last of the paperwork. Harlo, or "Chucky", was wiggling with excitement, trying to get out of this guys arms! And as soon as he was passed to me, he stopped wiggling and started to lick my face. Yepp, this is my boy!

MEET HARLO

 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. aww, love that story! I didn't know that's how it went!

    ReplyDelete